The School of Continuing Education (SCE) has dozens of free computer courses available to the community for the 2015 Winter Term, which begins the week of January 5, 2015. From basic computer operation to learning specific software programs, SCE offers introductory through advanced courses. Most classes are 12 weeks in length and are available at the Anaheim Campus and Wilshire Center (in Fullerton). Students enroll in the SCE Computer Program for a variety of reasons such as learning how to operate their home computer or gaining skills to enhance a resume or start a new career.
COMPUTER CLASSES - For more details about the SCE Computer Program courses, check out the information here: SCE Computer Classes
COMPUTER CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS - For students preparing to work in an entry-level office position, such as a clerk or administrative support position, SCE offers two different Computer Program certificates: Fundamental Computer Concepts & Skills Program and Office Application Essentials Program. Each certificate requires just a handful of classes, all of which are offered each quarterly term.
INTEGRATED COMPUTER PROJECTS - Looking to practice real work projects? The Integrated Computer Projects class is designed for those who want to apply the knowledge gained from previous computer classes by putting computer skills to the test in real world simulations. This class begins on January 7, 2015 at the Anaheim Campus.
For additional Computer Program class details for the 2015 Winter Term – including start dates, class times and registration information – visit the class schedule at www.sce.edu/schedule.
Mon, 5 Jan 2015
SCE Provost Dr. Greg Schulz wishes all of our students, faculty, staff, and community members peace, joy, and happiness this holiday season! Be sure to take note of the holiday hours for the registration offices over the next several weeks:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014
Get into the holiday spirit with the SCE Senior Chorus. The Chorus, led by Lifeskills Education Advancement Program (LEAP) Instructor Elizabeth Lee Lassetter, will perform a selection of holiday songs at their shows throughout North Orange County in early December 2014. All community members are invited to these free festive events:
- Tuesday, December 2 – 10 a.m. at Sunrise Assisted Living Facility (5321 La Palma in the city of La Palma)
- Friday, December 5 – 3 p.m. at Cypress Senior Center (9031 Grindlay Street in Cypress)
- Monday, December 8 – 11 a.m. at The Centre at Sycamore Plaza, Sycamore Ballroom (5000 Clark Avenue, 2nd Floor in Lakewood)
- Friday, December 12 – 10 a.m. at Emeritus at Fairwood Manor Assisted Living Facility (200 N. Dale Street in Anaheim)
- Monday, December 15 – 1:30 p.m. at Valley View Gardens (11848 Valley View Street in Garden Grove)
- Tuesday, December 16 – 7 p.m. at Cerritos Library, Skyline Room (18025 Bloomfield in Cerritos)
- Thursday, December 18 – 10 a.m. at Sunrise Assisted Living Facility (3850 Lampson in Seal Beach)
Tue, 2 Dec 2014
Read Archived Stories…