The School of Continuing Education (SCE) 2013 Summer Term class schedule is now available at all three SCE Centers and on the website at www.sce.edu/schedule. Kids’ College & Teen Program classes begin the week of June 24, 2013; all other SCE classes begin the week of July 1, 2013. Following is additional information regarding the 2013 Summer Term:
REGISTRATION DATES FOR 2013 SUMMER TERM
• Wednesday, June 5, 2013 – Medical Assistant Certificate Program Online Registration ONLY*
• Tuesday, June 11, 2013 – Career Technical Education (CTE) Online Registration
• Wednesday, June 12, 2013 – SCE Online Registration
• Thursday, June 13, 2013 – Walk-In Registration
Online registration begins at 7 a.m. Computers for online registration are available at the SCE registration offices at the Anaheim Campus and SCE Wilshire Center at 7 a.m. and at the SCE Cypress Center at 7:30 a.m.
*Students wanting to register for Medical Assistant Certificate Program courses are REQUIRED to attend a program Information Workshop. See below, or page 18 of the printed SCE 2013 Summer Term class schedule, for additional details.
A clock symbol has been placed in the class schedule to indicate the CTE courses that are eligible for registration on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 7 a.m.
CTE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM INFORMATION WORKSHOPS
It is HIGHLY recommended that NEW students attend a CTE certificate program information workshop. The information workshop will provide students with an overview of the program, certificate and course requirements, the registration process, and the employment outlook.
All of the information workshops will be held from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. (unless otherwise noted below) at the Board Room (Room 101) of the NOCCCD Anaheim Campus at 1830 W. Romneya Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801. Be on time; latecomers will not be admitted.
• Administrative Assistant: Thursday, June 6, 2013
• Early Childhood Education: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
• Pharmacy Technician: Tuesday, June 4, 2013
• Personal Care Aide (attend one of the following):
- Monday, June 17, 2013: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Monday, June 17, 2013: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, June 24, 2013: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Monday, June 24, 2013: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM REMINDER: Registration for the Medical Assistant Certificate Program is prior to the main SCE registration period. Students must attend the information workshop to receive information about registration. Contact 714.808.4915 with questions.
Attend one of the following Medical Assistant Certificate Program Information Workshops at the NOCCCD Anaheim Campus at 1830 W. Romneya Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801, Room 101 (Board Room):
• Wednesday, May 29, 2013: 6 p.m.
• Thursday, May 30, 2013: 10 a.m.
• Thursday, May 30, 2013: 6 p.m.
• Monday, June 3, 2013: 10 a.m.
Additional requirements needed to enroll for Medical Assistant Certificate Program classes. Please visit page 18 of the SCE 2013 Summer Term printed class schedule.
NEW CLASSES FOR 2013 SUMMER TERM
• Genealogy 101 – First Steps to Gamily Heritage
• Argentine Tango Workshop
For Kids and Teens:
• Anime Drawing
• Directive Drawing of Animals for the Beginning Artist Camp
• Digital Camera Magic
• Jammin’ Chemistry Camp
• Discovering Disney Magic Camp
• Funtastic Flowers!
• Jumpstart for Kindergarten Camp
• Sing What’s on Your iPod
Fri, 31 May 2013