|SCE Acceptable Use Policy
You are here: Home: Documents: SCE Acceptable Use Policy
School of Continuing Education reserves the right to limit, restrict or extend computing privileges and access to its information resources. All district computing facilities are to be used in a responsible, efficient, ethical and legal manner in accordance with the mission of NOCCCD SCE. Failure to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy may result in suspension or revocation of the offender's privilege of access. The person in whose name the account is issued is responsible for it's proper use. Acceptable uses of the computing resources are activities that support learning and teaching through SCE. Deliberate attempts to degrade or disrupt system performance will be viewed as criminal activity under applicable state and federal law. Under no circumstances should users load or alter system software or hardware configuration. All software and hardware installations need to be performed by authorized SCE personnel under the direction of the system administrator. It is SCE policy not to allow any personal software installations on its systems. The system administrator in the course of managing the system may view all data, including email.
Unacceptable uses of the computer resources may include but are not limited to:
The network management accepts no responsibility for harm caused by system use. Logging in acknowledges that you have read this policy, are familiar with its contents, and agree to act in accordance with the above.
- Violating individuals' right to privacy.
- Viewing, downloading or distributing pornographic materials.
- Using profanity, obscenity, or language offensive to another user.
- Reposting personal communications without the author's prior consent.
- Copying copyright protected material in violation of copyright law.
- Downloading or installing software.
- Playing games, chatting.
- Using the network for financial gain, commercial, or illegal activity.
* Using the network to access material or make individual contacts or communications that are without educational value in the context of the mission of the district and SCE.